Chairman hosts receptions to thank County Council volunteers
From the individuals who readily give up their time to help conserve valuable archives, to the men and women who devote long hours to supporting families going through education appeals, Buckinghamshire County Council is privileged to have such a large group of hard working and dedicated volunteers. Earlier this month, Chairman, Netta Glover, held two receptions to formally thank them.
The council currently has more than 1,200 volunteers working across a range of services including:
- School travel planners who work with schools to encourage improved road safety
- Those who volunteer in our libraries, archives and adult learning services helping members of the public and preserving valuable records
- Those who get hands on by helping to maintain and restore habitats in our country parks
- Individuals who work long hours to support our Education Appeals panels
- Those who are happy to spend antisocial hours providing support to young people and ensuring there are safe places to go
- Those who sit on our Local Access Forum and advise on preserving and enhancing rights of way across the county, ensuring better access for all
- The men and women who lead walks around the county as part of our Simply Walk scheme
- Those who support families with children with special educational needs
- Those who volunteer for the Bucks Young Offenders Service helping vulnerable young people turn their lives around.
Speaking to the volunteers present at the Aylesbury reception which was also attended by a number of Cabinet members and senior managers, Netta said: “Our volunteers are vital in helping us to provide a wide range of services to communities in Buckinghamshire. We are very fortunate to have so many willing volunteers who give up their time, energy and expertise to support our work in such a variety of ways.
You really are our unsung heroes. You embody the true sense of service and community spirit and if it wasn’t for you, many County Council projects simply wouldn’t run! A million thanks to everyone.”
There are lots of different ways you can volunteer with Buckinghamshire County Council. To find out more visit:https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/community/helping-your-community/volunteering/