Chiltern Tunnel South Portal and Colne Valley Western Slopes: ‘You Said, We Did’ online information events and virtual exhibition
(A message from HS2)
We would like to invite you to our ‘You Said, We Did’ online events and virtual exhibition to share the final design for the Chiltern Tunnel South Portal and the design for the surrounding landscape. These online ‘webinars’ have been set up to give the local community the opportunity to hear from the team designing and building the railway in your area.
Since spring 2018 we have held a series of information events with the local community to share details on the progress of the designs, construction, and to seek views and respond to feedback for the Colne Valley Western Slopes, the South Portal and Colne Valley Viaduct. The webinars and online exhibition are the latest in that series.
View or download our Chiltern Tunnel South Portal and Colne Valley Western Slopes ‘You Said, We Did’ engagement boards, March 2021:
- Introduction and Engagement
- Site Context and Masterplan
- Landscape and Habitat Design
- Visitor Experience and Views
- Earthworks, Noise and Drainage
- Portal Structure and Design
- Construction Timeline and Further Links
Due to Covid-19 we have postponed all public face-to-face engagement events and meetings, but we will continue to find new ways to involve the community.
At the online ‘You Said, We Did’ events, you will hear from the team designing and building the railway and our team of experts will also be available to answer any questions you may have.
During the sessions we will:
- Show you feedback that we received during design development, which has influenced our approach
- Explore the final designs we are seeking consent on from the local authority
- Provide information on the construction timeline
- Show you the recreational opportunities for local communities
This event is being held on two dates, please select which date to you would like to attend when registering: