Could your Beaconsfield project benefit from some cash?
Do you run a community scheme or project in the Beaconsfield area? Buckinghamshire County Council has funding available to spend specifically in Beaconsfield on projects that help the community.
The Council provides funding for local projects across the county through its Local Area Forums and many schemes in Buckinghamshire already have funding for the financial year 2018/19. However, there’s a pot of money yet to be awarded in Beaconsfield!
All kinds of local schemes are being helped by the Local Area Forum’s (LAFs). Some residents use funding for community transport projects, others to fund community initiatives like events for local young people, tidying up or improving a local playground or community area or a project that helps more elderly and vulnerable residents.
So if you run a community project in Beaconsfield then find out more about putting a proposal together to receive this county council funding.
So long as the scheme meets the County Council’s strategic priorities it will then be fully assessed by the LAF co-ordinators and considered when the funding is allocated.
County Councillor Anita Cranmer is the Beaconsfield Local Area Forum Chair.
She said: “Don’t be afraid to think out of the box. If your scheme or idea is helping local people it really could potentially be in the running for this funding.
“This is why we set up the Local Area Forums –so that people can directly decide how county council money is spent in their area. I know there are a lot of really worthwhile schemes in Beaconsfield so I urge you to find out more about how to access these funds.”
You can find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are 19 Local Area Forums across the county, set up by Buckinghamshire County Council to allow local people to directly govern what money is spent on in their local area. Find out more here
- The Beaconsfield Forum area has a limited development budget called the Local Priorities Budget and is seeking proposals for projects to be carried out during 2018/19, with a view to making decisions on how to allocate this year’s budget at the Forum meeting on 17 September.
- It is likely that projects with a total value of around £11,000 will be recommended for approval at this meeting.
- Proposals must support The County Council’s Strategic Priorities:
- Safeguarding our vulnerable
- Creating opportunities and building self-reliance
- Keeping Buckinghamshire thriving and attractive
- Value For Money
Find out more about these in our Strategic Plan
Each proposal will be assessed against the following criteria:
- How well it fits with the Town Plan
- How well it supports our Strategic Priorities
- How well it would provide value for money.
You can find some examples of some projects funded in other local areas in the last year here: