COVID Summer Food Fund
Here is information on the Covid Summer Food Fund https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-summer-food-fund and resources to help parents understand eligibility criteria, the extension to free school meals for families with no recourse to public funds (NRPF), and how to apply:
· Parents of children in reception, year 1 and year 2 may not have registered before as their children are receiving a free meal through the universal infant free school meal offer. They can find out if they are eligible here. https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
· Please find a flyer attached (see photos) which has been developed by Sustain, Project 17 and the Hackney Migrant Centre to help parents understand free school meals eligibility.
· You can find out more about the qualifying benefits for free school meals eligibility and how to claim them by visiting: Citizens Advice, The Money Advice Service, and GOV.UK
· Here is an information sheet produced by Project 17 that you could share with parents to help them identify as NRPF. https://www.project17.org.uk/…/FSM-information-sheet-May-20…
· And here is EdenRed guidance for parents on the use of school meal vouchers. https://www.edenred.co.uk/…/DfE_FreeSchoolMeals_ParentCarer… Parents/carers can contact Edenred (email@example.com) with any queries regarding their vouchers.