Join us for a family fun day at the newly refurbished Aylesbury Library
The newly refurbished Aylesbury Library is opening its doors – and we want people to come to a fun-packed family day from 11:00am on Saturday 26 January to help us celebrate!
There’ll be story-telling, demonstrations of the new equipment and a special guest appearance from the Gruffalo among the activities.
The library has had a complete renovation to include many fantastic new features and a total reworking of the space with brand new furniture throughout.
The new space includes:
- Better computing facilities with more power points for customers using their own devices
- New self-service technology – so customers can borrow and return books really quickly and easily
- A modernised children’s area with a colourful new sensory wall
- Refurbished toilets and a new baby-changing area
- A dementia-friendly layout
- A new exhibition area and a new ‘well-being’ zone
- Two new meeting rooms
- Lots of new books and longer opening hours!
It’s a fantastic modern space in the heart of the town that the community can be proud of and which reflects the wider regeneration of this part of Aylesbury, which also includes proposals for a new hotel, new apartments and a new restaurant.
Noel Brown is Buckinghamshire County Council’s Cabinet Member for Community Engagement and Public Health. He says:
“I’m really proud of our newly refurbished Aylesbury library. It’s a modern, comfortable and inviting space with updated features that suit modern life better. We’ve got lots of lovely new books plus new features that will make life easier like the self-service terminals, more plug sockets and our dementia-friendly layout.
We’ve wanted to make a space the whole community can enjoy and can spend time in and all the facilities have had a full update.
People may not know that we run a great timetable of regular activities too so please do come and join us for our opening event on Saturday 26 January and find out more.”