Free household maintenance and befriending scheme launched across Bucks to help elderly and vulnerable
Today charity Community Impact Bucks has announced the launch of its free Bucks-wide scheme to help elderly and vulnerable people in the county with household maintenance.
Funded by the four District Councils, the free service offers visits and help from DBS-checked Community Impact Bucks staff members and volunteers. The types of jobs undertaken include:
- Home safety and falls prevention measures
- Odd jobs e.g. replacing light bulbs, resetting clocks/thermostats, repairing door handles
- External maintenance e.g. garden clearance, leaf collecting, painting fences/sheds
- Home security measures e.g. locks, wireless alarms, key safes
- Small DIY jobs tasks e.g. flat packed furniture, putting up shelves