Leading Housebuilder invests in North Thames
The achievements are highlighted in a new report which measures the housebuilder’s social and economic contribution to the North Thames region over the past financial year (1st July 2018 – 31st June 2019).
The developer covers Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Essex.
Included within the company’s socio-economic footprint are key figures relating to the company’s support for the housebuilding supply chain, local communities, environment, public services and employment. The figures show that the housebuilder:
- Supported over 1,160 jobs directly and through its contractors and suppliers.
- Directly employed 5 new graduates, trainees and apprentices.
- Supported 240 subcontractor companies and 330 supplier companies.
- 90% of components used in the construction process were manufactured in the UK.
- Planted or retained over 11,802 trees or shrubs on its developments.
- Spent £3.8m on local contributions including the Community Infrastructure Levy and S106 contributions.
- Spent 19m on physical works benefitting local communities including highway and environmental improvements and community facilities
Simon Francis, Managing Director at Barratt and David Wilson Homes North Thames said: “As a five star housebuilder, we are very aware of the pivotal role we play in helping to boost the local economy.
“We are committed to a strategy that includes leaving a positive and lasting legacy in the communities in which we build homes, be that through job creation, bolstering surrounding businesses or enhancing and protecting the local environment.
“We are proud to be a major force in the growth and prosperity of our region, and look forward to continuing our work in 2020.”
The report on Barratt and David Wilson Homes’ Socio-Economic Footprint in 2019 was carried out by Lichfields planning and development consultancy.
To find out more information, please call the Barratt Homes sales team on 033 3355 8500 or the David Wilson Homes sales team on 033 3355 8501.