Making a difference in Wexham & The Ivers
From preventing crime to addressing local transport problems, Wexham and The Ivers Community Board has been busy in the past year.
At the board’s meeting recently, members looked back at some of their achievements in the past 12 months. These include:
- Supporting local voluntary organisations and funding the establishment of the Ivers Foodbank to ensure local residents were provided for during the pandemic.
- Representing the voices of residents on infrastructure projects in the area.
- Designing a new parking scheme to improve traffic flow in the area which will be implemented in 2021/22.
- Building strong working relationships with Thames Valley Police and increased police presence in the area to prevent local crime and antisocial behaviour
- Providing funding for the Ivers Good Neighbour Scheme to run a vaccination transport scheme. This enabled vulnerable residents to travel out of area for their vaccinations without having to rely on public transport.
Like all 16 community boards, Wexham & The Ivers has chosen the areas that it will focus on next year. These are:
- Economic Recovery
- Highways and Infrastructure
- Environment and Green Spaces
- Health and Wellbeing
Chairman of Wexham & The Ivers Community Board, Wendy Matthews said: “We are delighted at the way we have managed to achieve so much in such a short time. Community boards are partnerships bringing together local groups and people, to listen and take action, making improvements and helping our local communities. I would like to thank everyone who has helped us to make such wonderful progress in the past year and I am looking forward to working with everyone to do so again this year. I would like to call on anyone who wants to help improve their local community to get in touch and find out more about how you can get involved.”
Working groups will be set up to focus on each of the four priority areas. If you would like to find out more about getting involved email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep up to date with all the latest news from Wexham & The Ivers Community Board visit their Facebook page.