The Hospice Lottery Partnership launch Winter Superdraw to raise money for local hospice care
Local not-for-profit organisation The Hospice Lottery Partnership has launched its annual Winter Superdraw to raise much needed funds for our local hospices who have all experienced an unexpected loss of income this year due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
The hospices that will receive funds raised from the Winter Superdraw include:
- Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity based in Aylesbury
- Harlington Hospice based in Harlington
- Michael Sobell Hospice Charity based in Northwood
- Rennie Grove Hospice Care covering Herts and Bucks
- South Bucks Hospice based in High Wycombe
- The Hospice of St Francis based Berkhamsted.
Every ticket sold helps to make a difference to those in need of hospice care. For example,
- £5 could help to provide a patient with a nutritious and warming meal
- £20 could help towards providing a family with bereavement support
- £50 could help to provide a visit from a Hospice at Home nurse.
There are some great cash prizes to be won including a top prize of £2,000, second prize of £250, and two prizes of £50. Plus, anyone who buys their tickets before 23 November 2020 will also be entered in to a bonus Fast Reply Draw on 2 December 2020 for the opportunity to win £100, just in time for Christmas.
The top prize winner of last year’s Winter Superdraw, Mrs Craig, couldn’t believe her luck when she was told that she had won the top prize. “It was a lovely surprise and such a lot of money. Having received treatment for cancer in the past I decided to buy tickets in the Superdraw as I wanted to help support the wonderful care that hospices provide.”
Tickets cost £1 each and are available to buy online at hospicelottery.org.uk/superdraw. Tickets are on sale until 8 January 2021 and the main draw takes place on 13 January 2021.