Unlock the top five reasons to buy new this new homes week
Five star housebuilder Barratt and David Wilson Homes is encouraging homebuyers in Buckinghamshire to consider the advantages of owning a new-build home.
As part of New Homes Week, which runs from 20th to 27th July, the developer has unlocked its top five reasons why people looking to move should always choose new over old.
Most of these reasons come from homebuyers’ surveys which highlight the fact that new homes generally offer a range of benefits that the second hand market cannot hope to match.
With more people looking to make a move now lockdown restrictions are easing, the timely reasons aim to highlight the advantages of a new build property.
Karly Williams, Sales Director for Barratt and David Wilson Homes North Thames said: “There are many advantages to buying a new home that we would like homebuyers to consider when choosing to make their first or next move.
“Buying a brand new home means you can move in straight away without any DIY needing to be done and you’re guaranteed a quality home which is energy efficient and has lower maintenance costs.
“Our expert Sales Advisers have the experience and knowledge to help a range of different buyers choose the dream property for them, meaning your homebuying journey doesn’t have to be done alone.
“Purchasing new means that buyers can take advantage of the Government’s Help to Buy scheme and buy their home with just a 5% deposit or our Part Exchange service which has very often helped people move up the property ladder where otherwise they might not have been able to.”
Barratt and David Wilson Homes’ top five reasons to buy new are:
- Save on your energy bills – new homes are built to the latest environmental standards and could be up to 65% more energy efficient than an older home of the same size*. This means you’re getting a home that is greener, warmer and more efficient to run.
- Put your own stamp on your home – The housebuilder’s Choices and Expressions ranges allows purchasers to add the final finishing touches to make their home individual. Buyers securing a home off-plan or at an early stage in the build process are able to specify a range of things from upgrading a kitchen or bathroom, to choosing carpets and flooring.
- Cutting edge designs – Barratt and David Wilson Homes designs each of its properties with quality, the customer and modern living in mind. The homes prioritise space, and with free-flowing living and dining areas that encourage natural light into the spacious rooms, perfect for those looking for a post-lockdown move.
The expertly crafted homes provide generously sized bedrooms that give each member of the family their own space to enjoy, whilst also having large social areas where quality time can be spent together. Most properties either have a study or space for a home office to be created, meaning the needs of modern homebuyers are being met.
- Bespoke incentive packages – A wide range of schemes are available when you choose to move into a brand new home, ensuring it’s as easy and stress free move as possible. These include the government backed Help to Buy scheme which allows purchasers to secure selected homes with just a 5% deposit and Barratt and David Wilson Homes’ bespoke Movemaker and Part Exchange schemes.
- Five star housebuilder – Barratt and David Wilson Homes has been awarded the maximum five star official rating from the Home Builders Federation (HBF) for the eleventh year in a row following the results of the annual Home Builders Federation customer satisfaction survey.
Barratt and David Wilson Homes currently has properties available to reserve at its Aylesbury development Kingsbrook.