Unsung heroes honoured with awards
Nineteen members of Buckinghamshire County Council staff with over 540 years of combined service received long service awards from Chairman Val Letheren.
Sixteen staff received long service certificates in recognition of 25 years service, two -Helen Bennion and Neil Saunders – were presented with 45-year service certificates and Steve Nicholls was awarded a 50-year long service certificate.
Val said: “To all those who have reached long service milestones, it is an incredible achievement and they should all be very proud of what they have achieved. They are all a credit to this council and the county as a whole.”
As well as those receiving long service awards, Richard Hesling was presented with a Celebrating Success Award. Richard has been volunteering at Thomas Harding Junior School since 1994 and between 1998 and 2002 acted as a school governor. Richard has given plenty of his own time over the 22 years, working with both students and staff frequently aiding them on school trips.
The Celebrating Success Award is awarded to those who have been seen to go that ‘extra mile’, been particularly innovative or made a significant difference in their role.
Val said: “The dedication and commitment of all the members of staff we’re honouring, to both Buckinghamshire and the County Council, is unquestionable. These members of staff exemplify everything this Council stands for and truly live to our values of being ambitious, accountable, caring and collaborative.”
Staff receiving Long Service Awards:
- Michelle Baylis – Chiltern Gate School
- Ann Curtis -Our Lady’s Catholic Primary School, Teaching Assistant
- Janet Dixon – Beaconsfield High School, Senior Teacher
- Lynne Downes – Buckinghamshire County Council, Community Response and Reablement
- Carol Edwards -Beaconsfield High School, Teacher of Chemistry & Co-Ordinator of PSHCE
- Alison Hajdu – Buckinghamshire County Council, Business Support Administrator
- Julia Kemp – Buckinghamshire County Council, Adults Mental Health Services, Reviewing Officer for Oxford Health
- David Knowles – Buckinghamshire County Council -Residential Manager at 1A Churchill Avenue
- Sarah McCormick – Cheddington Combined School, Mid-day supervisor
- Jenny Orton – Booker Park Community School, Now retired
- Teresa Purse – Carrington Junior School
- Lucy Randall – The Grange School, Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Gill Saggers – Bedgrove Junior School, School Secretary
- Phil Turner – Buckinghamshire County Council, Transport Economy Environment, Definitive Map Officer
- Julie Turner – Long Crendon School, Music Teacher
- Dawn Williams – Ibstone Church of England School, Teaching Assistant
- Helen Bennion – Buckinghamshire County Council, Member Services Officer
- Neil Saunders – Buckinghamshire County Council, Service Improvement Manager, ICT
- Steve Nicholls – Buckinghamshire County Council, Commissioning Manager, Children’s Social Care and Learning