Volunteer Parenting Mentor wanted
Connection Support are looking for Volunteer Parenting Mentor to join our Parenting Advice and Support Service to provide support, motivation, encouragement and advice to vulnerable parents enabling them to create a stable positive environment in which their children can thrive.
As a volunteer you will be able to;
- Visit families in their own homes at least once a week to help them achieve identified personal and family goals
- Encourage, listen and support parents to identify and work towards solutions
- Build a committed, time limited, trusting relationship with a family.
- Provide suggestions and advice where appropriate
Families will have an initial assessment with a Project worker at which they will identify 3 clear goals they would like to achieve with the support of the Parenting Mentor. This could include;
- Support families to enhance their skills, knowledge and resilience
- Supporting parents to build self esteem and confidence in their parenting role, increasing parental wellbeing
- Connect families to local services and support, building supportive social networks
- Support parents to identify children’s needs and how to met those e.g. healthy meals, GP and dental appointments/creating routines
- Provide guidance, advice and support for parents and carers to enable children to learn necessary skills to build their own resilience, stay safe and access learning opportunities and education
Connection Support will provide volunteers with:
- In depth induction, training and on- going support
- Paid travelling and out of pocket expenses
- CPD accredited training
Connection Support feel that nobody can do everything but everyone can do something so volunteering is flexible to suit you.
For a chat about becoming a volunteer befriender with Connection Support please contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator in Buckinghamshire on 01296 484322 or email via email@example.com
Further details can be found on connectionsupport.org.uk/volunteer.